Check your eligibility
You will need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident who has already submitted an application for citizenship, to apply for an ongoing role with us.
We may consider applications from non-citizens for certain roles, so check the advertisement for specific eligibility requirements.
Before you apply
Before applying for the vacancy, we recommend that you:
Understand the role: read the position description to find out as much as you can about the job. The position description tells you about the purpose of the role and the key responsibilities. It also tells you the qualifications, experience and capabilities you will need to be able to do the role. You can get the position description by clicking on the link in the jobs list on the current vacancies page.
If after reading the position description, you believe you have the relevant qualifications, skills and experience and you relate to our values, we encourage you to apply. If you are unsure about any aspects of the role, please speak with the contact person listed on the job listing for more details.
Find out about us: Take a look around the website to find out what we do. Useful starting points include:
What to include in your application
You should include a cover letter of one or two pages with your application. It should be written clearly and concisely with the sole intention of highlighting your skills and experiences relevant to the job advertisement.
It should also explain why you want to work at the Infrastructure Australia, why you are interested in the position and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role
Writing a great resume is very important, as first impressions last. Your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is a critical part of your application. A good resume should:
- have a logical flow and structure (so keep it simple)
- make clear how your experience and skills are relevant to the role you’re applying for
- be written in reverse chronological order (starting with your most recent positions). For each of your previous roles include details of your responsibilities, especially those that are relevant to the role you’re applying for
- use specific examples of your achievements in each position
- include your education, qualifications, training and professional memberships
- include references (optional)
- be between 2-4 pages depending on the length of your experience and the number of different roles you have held.
Don’t forget to check all details before final submission.
How to submit your application
Check the job advertisement for specific instructions on how to submit your application.