The Infrastructure Priority List is changing in line with amendments to the Infrastructure Australia Act 2008. Find out more here.
Infrastructure Australia advises governments, industry and the community on the investments and reforms needed to deliver better infrastructure for all Australians.
We maintain the Infrastructure Priority List to ensure that public funds are directed towards projects that will deliver the best outcomes for our growing communities.
Our rigorous and independent analysis identifies infrastructure needs and opportunities, to ensure that our infrastructure funds are spent where they are needed most.
We also develop research and advice on the broader opportunities for infrastructure reform, and publish new and interactive data to support better infrastructure decision-making.
Our key policy publications include:
- the Australian Infrastructure Audit, which presents a forward-looking view of Australia’s infrastructure needs
- the Australian Infrastructure Plan, which sets out policy responses to these infrastructure needs
- the infrastructure Reform Series, which advises government, industry and communities how best to implement these policy responses.
Working closely and collaboratively with stakeholders across government and the infrastructure sector, our focus is on raising the quality of infrastructure planning and delivery throughout Australia.
Find out more about our role and responsibilities
- Infrastructure Australia Act 2008 (No.17, 2008 as amended)
- Statement of Expectations issued by the responsible Minister outlining their expectations of the operations and performance of Infrastructure Australia
- Statement of Intent identifying the key objectives and initiatives Infrastructure Australia intends to deliver