Our application and interview process differs from role to role, but here are some of the ways we get to know you.
Assessing your application
We will assess your application on your ability to demonstrate that you have (or have the real potential to develop) the required attributes to perform at Infrastructure Australia.
These requirements are outlined in the candidate pack and include: skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications.
If we shortlist your application, we may ask you to undertake further assessment to test your ability to perform the role. We use a variety of techniques to assess and validate key knowledge areas, critical skills, motivation and your fit for the role. These may include:
- phone, face-to-face and/or video interviews (formal and informal)
- psychometric testing (personality, motivation and cognitive abilities)
- assessment centre exercises
- written tasks or project presentation.
Our commitment for selection processes
We make all selection decisions based on merit. This means:
- the assessment process is fair and consistent
- assessment is based on job-specific requirements
- based on the assessment we select all employees.
We pride ourselves on providing a good candidate experience. This means:
- We will keep you updated throughout the recruitment process.
- If you are shortlisted we will go through all interview preparation to set you up for success.
- We will provide you timely feedback.
- For all recruitment inquires you can reach us via Careers@infrastructureaustralia.gov.au
If you are selected as the successful candidate:
- We will contact you to discuss things like salary, security clearances and start date.
- We’ll also ask you to complete any relevant paperwork to make sure you experience an amazing on boarding.
If you are not selected as the successful candidate:
- We will provide you with feedback to help you improve your chances in the future.
- In some cases, you may be told that you have been placed in a talent pool. This means you may be considered for similar roles in the Infrastructure Australia.