Associate Director – Policy & Research
- 6 month contract, full time role responsible for leading design and delivery of high-quality policy and technical analysis on nationally significant infrastructure issues
- Hybrid flexible working arrangements, attractive paid leave provisions and professional development support offered
- Applications closing: 12:00pm, Monday 4th December 2023
Infrastructure Australia is an independent statutory body with a mandate to prioritise and advise on nationally significant infrastructure. Infrastructure Australia provides independent research and high-quality advice to all levels of government, as well as investors and owners of infrastructure, on Australia's requirements for nationally significant infrastructure.
Primary purpose of the role
The Associate Director – Policy & Research is responsible for leading design and delivery of high-quality policy and technical analysis (according to the position holder’s skillset) on nationally significant infrastructure issues, drawing on a variety of quantitative and qualitative data sources to develop new data-enabled capabilities and policy insights that provide a strong foundation for Infrastructure Australia’s policy advice and recommendations.
The role will contribute to the development and delivery of the next Australian Infrastructure Audit, by:
- Leading a structured content analysis of State and Territory infrastructure plans, including desktop review, data capture and categorisation, and analysis to develop national insights on infrastructure needs, gaps and priorities across transport, water, energy and telecommunications
- Leading and supporting design and agile delivery of Audit projects - conducting data-driven policy and technical analysis (e.g. economic, statistical and/or other data analysis) on national infrastructure challenges, to identify trends, patterns and relationships in data to inform policy insights and advice on key issues and gaps within and across infrastructure sectors and outcomes
- Conduct and manage data discovery, sourcing, collection, manipulation, integration, analysis and interpretation of multiple and cross-sectoral public and other data sources
- Develop key insights and inform robust conclusions on infrastructure outcomes and performance, identify key data gaps and limitations, and develop or support iterative improvements to data and analysis.
- Identify and apply best practice analytical tools, methodologies and problem-solving skills for analysing, measuring, modelling and comparing data and delivering robust evidence as a basis for policy advice
- Lead and support the management and reporting of projects and tasks as part of the organisation’s wider agile project management framework and ways of working
- Practice cross-functional collaboration in contributing to the development and agile delivery of Audit projects and the wider priorities and activities of Infrastructure Australia.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrable experience in comparable policy development, analysis or research positions
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technical discipline, such as data science, applied data analytics, economics, mathematics or statistics
- Advanced capability in relevant data and statistical analysis, such as economic, statistical or geospatial data analysis and modelling skills
- Experience in data management, analysis, modelling and/or visual representation of data, and associated methodologies, data management and analytical tools, and visualization platforms
- Comprehension of infrastructure sectors and related policy issues
- Specific experience of infrastructure policy and research such as in a government agency or consulting environment (desirable)
- Previous experience of work in the infrastructure sector or on issues associated with transport, water, energy and telecommunications infrastructure in Australia (desirable)
Benefits of working at Infrastructure Australia:
- Attractive leave provisions including 15 days of paid Personal Leave, 18 weeks of Parental Leave for parents at full pay or 36 weeks at half pay (for eligible employees) and up to 3 additional days of paid leave when our offices close over the Christmas period
- We are committed to supporting employee health and wellbeing and offer a range of initiatives including genuine hybrid and flexible working arrangements to help you balance your professional and personal life
- Professional Development support offered through extensive in-house training and external training/education support
- We have a positive, collaborative, respectful, innovative and inclusive culture evidenced by staff surveys which show that our employees feel empowered, autonomous and proud to work here
How to apply
- Review the position description here: Associate Director – Policy & Research
- Upload ONE document (Covering letter + Resume) via our LinkedIn Job Post
- Closing Date: Monday 4th December
- For any questions regarding the recruitment please reach out to Jacob Young at email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQI+, people with disability, people with caring responsibilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To find out more about our current and upcoming Job opportunities follow us on LinkedIn #InfrastructureAustralia