Phase 2 and 3 of the Mitchell and Kwinana freeways upgrade addresses critical problems facing Perth’s north-south corridor, which also includes the Joondalup and Mandurah rail lines, through a package of transport interventions.
The proposal includes:
- Implementation of Smart Freeway technology on Mitchell and Kwinana Freeways
- Road optimisation in the CBD area
- Additional southbound lanes on Mitchell and Kwinana Freeways and in new lanes in both directions within the CBD
- Upgrades to Stirling Station
- Provision of active transport along Mitchell Freeway and around the CBD
- Behavioural change program to balance travel demand across several modes of transport
The proposal responds to an existing listings on the Infrastructure Priority List; Mitchell and Kwinana freeways upgrade.