Infrastructure Australia provides advice on Australia’s infrastructure priorities.
We evaluate business cases for major projects to ensure they deliver the best outcomes for our growing communities.
We do not make decisions about project funding and financing, which is the responsibility of governments and the private sector.
Detailed information on the Australian Government’s Infrastructure Investment Program and Public Private Partnerships is available on the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development website.
Are you looking for more information about project funding and financing?
The Australian Government has established a number of agencies to provide funding and financing for infrastructure projects:
State Governments have a number of agencies fund, finance and deliver infrastructure projects:
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Department of Finance
- Dept of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
- Department of Regional Development
- Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation
- Department of Transport
- Department of Treasury
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
- Main Roads WA
- Infrastructure WA
- Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
- Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security
- Department of Primary Industries
- Department of the Chief Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Infrastructure Planning and logistics
- Department of Treasury and Finance
- Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
- Northern Territory Planning Commission