Infrastructure services for users
To help Australia grow and prosper over the coming years, our infrastructure will need to ensure our vital needs are met, while offering greater personalisation of services to unlock our full potential as a nation and compete in increasingly connected and competitive global markets.
This chapter focuses on framing infrastructure services through the eyes of users, drawing out the trends and evidence from across the country.
It looks at:
- Infrastructure that works for users
- Costs and affordability
- Infrastructure for fast-growing cities
- Infrastructure for smaller cities and regional centres
- Infrastructure for small towns, rural communities and remote areas
- Infrastructure to support regions and unlock growth in northern Australia
Performance of the sector
Australian households spend an average of $314.39 on infrastructure services per week, or over $16,000 per annum.