Passenger transport connects people and places. This section discusses a broad range of modes, from active transport, such as walking and cycling, to private cars, public transport, aviation, cruise ships, ferries and emerging modes like rideshare.
In this chapter we look at:
- Changing urban travel patterns
- Technology and the future of passenger cars
- International, interstate and inter-regional connectivity
- Funding and maintaining our transport assets
- Passenger transport sustainability and resilience
- Safety in the transport sector
- Transport accessibility and equity.
Around 1 in 10 trips to work in Australia are made using public transport, whereas 7 in 10 are made by car.