The introduction to the Australian Infrastructure Audit outlines the strategic context in which the Audit was created, noting the climate of unique uncertainty and increasing complexity in which infrastructure planners and policy makers are expected to operate.
This chapter highlights the key shifts in policy and investment since the 2015 Audit, and explains the general approach and methodology of this version.
The introduction looks at:
- Changes since the last Audit
- The objectives of this Audit
- Needs of northern Australia
- Our placed-based approach
- Methodology and analysis
- The evidence base
- How to read and use this Audit
Over 20% of Australia's Gross Domestic Product is attributed to infrastructure sectors